Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Prelude to a Wall Covering

The past few weeks have been spent covering the walls in the kitchen with tall, folded sheets of stainless steel, to meet Council regulations



The photo above is the scullery.  All the hardwood framing had to be replaced, as it had convexed and concaved over time, and would have resulted in unlevel walls (which would forever haunt a man like the Machinist), especially as it is now covered with stainless sheeting.  Before the sheeting went up, however, the Machinist wrote something on the wall to the right of the doorway as follows: 

I love Helen with all my heart ...

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post.
    I love this post.

    We have crooked walls. Alas.
    It is a pain long after the actual wall-work is done.

    But I have a sweet, loving husband like yourn.
    And it makes lots of things ever-so-much easier to handle.

    (I thought about putting "I have a loving husband and when he passionately pins me against the wall it doesn't matter if said wall is crooked," but that seemed dirty. I'm too classy for dirty.)

    ReplyDelete